I thought we’d start a series of my favorite brands and products to use in specific areas of your life. With Summer in full force, the perfect one to start with is the beach!
First things first, if you’re going to be outside at all, you need to load on the SPF. You’ll be able to reapply on your body but if you have makeup on, it may be harder to reapply on your face so start off with a moisturizer that has SPF and then apply actual sunscreen to your face before makeup (yes, both!).
From there, it truly does depend on how hot it is, where you’ll be and if you plan to get wet but I always say better safe than sorry! Keep everything waterproof and don’t go entirely glam (at least at the beach, later is fair game, girl!), instead, keep your makeup natural!
Here’s the Natural Beach Makeup Breakdown:
- Moisturizer with SPF: This Estee Lauder moisturizer is perfect for a beach day because it has SPF and is perfect for all skin types.
- Actual sunscreen: Followup your moisturizer with actual sunscreen for days in the sun. Here’s a little tip; you can never protect your face too much from the sun! Making sure to load up on sunscreen will help your skin from drying out and maintain elasticity to avoid things like wrinkles in a few years 😉
- Tinted moisturizer: I love full coverage on my face and for days in the sun, although it’s hot, my preference is no different! Opt for a tinted moisturizer to elevate your skin without loading on too much makeup.
- Powder Bronzer (don’t worry about contour today): My favorite bronzer is the Chocolate Soleil from Too Faced. It’s a matte powder bronzer that looks great on most skin types. Brush this lightly in a “3” motion from the hollows of your cheeks to outline your forehead and right along the jawline to create an effortless already-sunkissed look.
- Powder highlight: If you’ve seen my makeup highlights on Instagram you may have noticed I wasn’t entirely thrilled with the KKW contour kit at first, but for a day where highlight is a fun add-on to your everyday look, mixing both the matte and shimmery shade on the apples of your cheeks would be gorgeous!
- Powder Brows + gel to keep everything in place: You know we’re all here for the brows! I firmly believe that brows can make or break your makeup look so if anything, add in a clear gel to keep everything in place. If you’re face isn’t going to be submerged in water all day; then go with the powder underneath as well. Here’s how I fill in my brows.
- Waterproof mascara: Okay, I’ve done a lot of research on this one because we all know those mascaras that claim to be waterproof and the one time you try it is the worst time for that fact to be false. I get it! Article after article has recommended L’Oréal Voluminous Lash Paradise and as a lady who’s tried it myself, it’s an awesome cheaper alternative to throw in your bag for the beach.
- Gloss: This is a fun one, because you can go with any color you’d like and the flirt level of your look is instantly boosted! My absolute ride-or-die favorite lip gloss is NYX butter gloss and you can’t go wrong with a pretty color like “Cupcake“. It’s a sheer gloss so you get a hint of color without going overboard and it’s not too sticky.
There you have it, an easy-to-wear look for the beach this Summer. Let me know what your favorite products are!