Trust me, I get it. We all have that giant drawer in our room full of makeup and we think we use all of it everyday. Spoiler; I promise you don’t. And you won’t need all of it when you’re away from the house either 😉 As traveling boss babes, we need to nail down those travel essentials to save room for the vacation shopping!
If you tend to watch YouTube videos to get that flawless look everyday or you’re in the makeup industry yourself, you know that that picture perfect face generally has something between 15-20 products minimum.
So, how do we narrow down what we’re using when going on vacation? Here’s a few tips:
- A few weeks before you leave make sure to take extra good care of your skin. The better your skin looks, the less product you’ll need to pile on for that even complexion or glowey tone. Try using sheet masks 2 times a week, washing your face every morning and evening and hydrating, hydrating, hydrating (both your skin and body)!
- About a week before, do the simplest makeup routine you have and place each product to the side. This way, you know what you use the most and what those products are. Do this everyday and if you’re still finding yourself using 2 foundations and 5 shades of lipstick for the perfect nude, start testing options to see if you really need all of it. You may be surprised that once you’re in the sun, your darker foundation will be the perfect option.
- A few days before the trip, do your makeup with the least amount of products possible and make sure it fits in your bag. Then, pack for the trip with this makeup on so you know what to expect once you get on vacation. If you’re in full smokey eye when picking out a date night outfit; you may be disappointed when you get there with the options you have.
What products do you need on vacation?
Let’s keep it simple, here’s the products you know you need to take with you. Nothing more, use time off to enjoy yourself and keep it natural!
- Sunscreen: you could really knock this down and get tinted moisturizer with sunscreen to even out your complexion and product your face (even if you’re not going somewhere tropical).
- Powder OR liquid foundation: pick one or the other. If you’re going somewhere warm and you tend to sweat or have oily skin, powder may be your go-to.
- Bronzer OR contour: I know, it’s very difficult to pick, but you can do it. If you can’t live without both, try to find a pallet that has both your contour and bronzer shades. But I still think picking one will make the vacation just as eventful 😉
- Brow product and brush: you know this would be on the list. Brows are crucial to any look! Don’t go overboard, though, just bring one product and a brush to keep your hair in place and you’ll light up a room!
- 1 nude gloss & 1 colored stick: you get two, girlfriend. Get a hydrating gloss that can be used at the pool and brunch with the girls and your favorite lipstick for fancy dinners.
- Eyeliner: choose either liquid or stick based on what you used the most and the flexibility you have for climate. Make sure whatever you pick won’t run down yourself on a warm day.
- Optional: 1 eye palette. I promise, even with one palette you can make several looks (sometimes, you can even use the brown matte shades for eyebrows and take another product out, mind blown!). You just need one.
And just like that, we’ve narrowed it down to less than 10 products to fit in your bag. Just that easy!