I am a huge believer in self care. In order for me to be my best self to my clients, family and friends, I have to make sure I am taking care of me first. And no, it is not selfish to put yourself first or say no to things.
Self care can range from getting a much needed massage to taking a walk in fresh air.
Here are some of my favorite ways I practice self care:
- Taking a hot shower or bath. I like to turn off all the lights, light some candles and turn on some spa music.
- Taking a Yoga class. Hot Yoga in particular helps me really focus on being in the moment.
- A massage or a facial always helps the lymph get moving!
- A manicure and/or pedicure just makes me feel more put together.
- A floatation tank has so many benefits because the magnesium in the epsom salt helps so many ailments like sore muscles but it is such an amazing meditative practice as well.
- Taking a nature walk. I personally love listening to a podcast that motivates me to be my best self while I walk and breathe in fresh air.
- A peaceful night at home watching a good movie or reading a book with a hot cup of tea.
- Taking the time to make a smoothie in the morning and take my vitamins!
- Meditation. I love meditating. It helps bring me down when I am feeling stressed. I usually use the app Headspace and do their guided meditations. When I can’t fall asleep, I will also search for a guided meditation on YouTube and helps me fall asleep quickly too.
- Learning to say no when you don’t want do something and not feeling guilty about it. We all have such busy lives and it is okay to pick and choose where you put your energy. I know I need my ‘me’ time otherwise I get so overwhelmed with thoughts. Protect your energy and don’t apologize for taking time for yourself to recharge.
Hope these tips are helpful! What actions do you take to take care of yourself? Please share in the comments below!